Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And today is another day......

And it has been a while... I have been busy, though. I am trying to keep up with emails and getting some embroidery done. I have done some in-the-hoop creations and am trying to get up the nerve now to do some lacework. I've worked on some things for one of the teachers at the local elementary school. I made some Easter goodie bags; one with a clear vinyl window and one with an appliqued bunny. I also made a crayon roll for children to easily store and keep up with crayons.

And by the way, I've been trying to upload pictures for this blog. I've had no luck whatsoever I must say! Perseverance, perseverance... I'm trying again this evening. We shall see.

Everytime we turn around, someone we know has had a sweet baby. Isn't it wonderful? I have two little gifts to send off. These are just little somethings that I was practicing making. Baby things and children's clothing are so much fun to work on. I want to make a handkerchief doll for my granddaughter, but haven't found the lace I want to use for hers. I made one for her mother when she was little, but at that time I was able to get beautiful lace that didn't cost 2 arms and a leg. The lace for Molly's doll is pretty, but I want something more for Emma's. So, I'm going to try to make some. I ordered Martha Pullen's CD for Machine Embroidery "Vintage Baby". I'll see how long it takes me to learn to do that well enough to make lace trim for Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment